Sina is a postdoc working on the project ‘Pre-diagnostic dynamics of small non-coding RNAs in endometrial cancer – impact of body mass index’. The main aim of the project is to investigate the role of small RNA’s in the development of endometrial cancer using pre-diagnostic samples from the Janus Serum Bank. The project built upon an ongoing study the ‘JanusRNA – identification of early cancer biomarkers’ (https://www.kreftregisteret.no/en/Research/Projects/Identification-of-early-cancer-biomarkers/)’, and the ‘Janus Serum Bank (https://www.kreftregisteret.no/en/Research/Janus-Serum-Bank/)’.
Sina has an interest in epidemiology, genetic epidemiology, and systems biology of complex diseases including cancers.
Sina is also a part-time researcher at the Department of Pharmacy, University of Oslo where he is involved in planning and performing genetic analyses of participants in the Norwegian Mother, Father, and Child Cohort Study (MoBa) for psychiatric conditions.
Sina received his PhD in Medicine from NTNU – Norwegian University of Science and Technology in 2020. The title of his PhD project was ‘Construction and evaluation of the performance of genetic risk scores for ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and myocardial infarction in the Norwegian population-based Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT)’. The project was based on data from HUNT with linkage to the National Norwegian Cardiovascular Disease Registry, and the National Cause of Death Registry.
He has a background in cell and molecular biology and has worked with projects related to epidemiology, immunology, and virology of viral infections influenza and hepatitis.
1) Rostami S, Hoff M, Brown MA, Hveem K, Videm V. Comparison of methods to construct a genetic risk score for prediction of rheumatoid arthritis in the population-based Nord-Trøndelag Health Study, Norway. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2020 Jul 1;59(7):1743-1751. doi: 10.1093/rheumatology/kez638. PMID: 31930319.
2) Rostami S, Hoff M, Dalen H, Hveem K, Videm V. Genetic risk score associations for myocardial infarction are comparable in persons with and without rheumatoid arthritis: the population-based HUNT study. Sci Rep. 2020 Nov 24;10(1):20416. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-77432-0. PMID: 33235261; PMCID: PMC7686351.
3) Rostami S, Hoff M, Brown MA, Hveem K, Holmen OL, Fritsche LG, Videm V. Prediction of Ankylosing Spondylitis in the HUNT Study by a Genetic Risk Score Combining 110 Single-nucleotide Polymorphisms of Genome-wide Significance. J Rheumatol. 2020 Feb;47(2):204-210. doi: 10.3899/jrheum.181209. Epub 2019 Apr 1. PMID: 30936278.
4) Tete SM, Jul-Larsen Å, Rostami S, Lunde THF, Søland H, Krammer F, Cox RJ. Impact of pre-existing immunity on the induction of functional cross-reactive anti-hemagglutinin stalk antibodies following vaccination with an AS03 adjuvanted pandemic H1N1 vaccine. Vaccine. 2018 Apr 12;36(16):2213-2219. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2018.02.022. Epub 2018 Mar 13. PMID: 29548607.
5) Peeridogaheh H, Meshkat Z, Habibzadeh S, Arzanlou M, Shahi JM, Rostami S, Gerayli S, Teimourpour R. Current concepts on immunopathogenesis of hepatitis B virus infection. Virus Res. 2018 Feb 2;245:29-43. doi: 10.1016/j.virusres.2017.12.007. Epub 2017 Dec 19. PMID: 29273341.